Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Apocalypse Sooner or Later




“What are they gonna say about him? What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans? That he had wisdom? Bullshit man! ” —Photojournalist, Apocalypse Now


Colonel Kurtz needed to be stopped. He was operating outside of command. He'd taken the law into his own hands. He’d “gone native” as they used to say. He may have been a poet-warrior unlike some people we know, but he was a renegade. Renegades seem to have access to some inner truth only they have discovered. A truth no one else is privy to. A truth they may try to convey. At some point renegades seem to implode and usually take a lot of innocent people with them.

I don't think our current renegade posesses the crystaline logic to insure the world as we know it won't suddenly explode. I'd like to be wrong on this one. Maybe someone at command has the answer. I'm not holding my breath. I just hope he doesn't bring me Chef's head.

That resting heartrate of 48 per minute is unsettling.

No comments: